The regional field manager provides solutions and creates relationships with customers in the electrical utility industry. This position is the LineWise technical expert and sales manager for the manufacturers’ sales reps (reps) and dealers in the Eastern Division. The regional field managerreports to the sales director and is accountable for producing results in the following categories:
Diversified’s Core Focus – Why we exist and what we do
- Providing Solutions, Creating Relationships.
Diversified’s Core Values – The behaviors we expect of each other
- Adaptability: the ability and willingness to positively manage unexpected situations where there are no explicit instructions.
- Fire in the belly: passion or extra inner drive to achieve something.
- Integrity: quality of being honest and having strong moral and ethical principles that do not change even when no one is looking.
- Team work: all individuals working together for the common good of the company, employees, customers and vendors.
- Provide solutions and create relationships.
- Embody our core values.
- Meet or exceed sales goals.
Methods to achieve the primary responsibilities
- Spend time with LineWise customers and understand how we can be of service to them.
- Continually deepen your understanding of LineWise product applications (where, how, why, and by whom) in the electrical utility industry.
- Be a LineWise technical expert for our customers, reps, and dealers.
- Leverage the relationships and sales skills of our reps and dealers to generate sales.
- Educate our customers, reps, and dealers to understand the safety, productivity, and economic benefits of LineWise products and services.
- Coach, track, and hold accountable all of the reps and dealers in your region so they achieve their monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Expand business in your region by reaching out to new customers, reps, and dealers.
- Generate quotes for standard and non-standard products.
- Perform in-service trainings and/or installations for LineWise products.
- Travel to customer locations to perform demos of LineWise products.
- Manage additional tasks as delegated by the sales director.
- On-time, on-budget, and high-quality products and services.
- Deliver communications in a timely manner to all relevant parties, and ensure that all parties have an accurate understanding of what is being communicated.
- Whatever it takes to get the job done: working for LineWise will occasionally require working additional or odd hours without additional compensation to get the job done.
- 40-hour work weeks and our Core Hours of business are the hours when all employees are working and available to work with others as needed. The Core Hours for the Office are: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm, and Friday 8:30am-noon.
- Performance reviews happen after the first 90 days and annually in March.
Meeting attendance and participation
- sales director.
- New product and strategy meetings as needed internally and with customers.
- Up to 50% of your time will be traveling, including:
- Sales visits with existing customers.
- Product demonstrations with new or existing customers.
- Product in-service trainings.
- Trade shows, rodeos, and conferences.
- Opportunities to acquire new customers, reps, and dealers.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time in the USA and Canada.
- Experience and success in B2B sales is preferred, but not required.
- Previous employment/experience with an electric utility, electric utility contractor, or worked for a company that sold products to the electric utility industry, but not required.
- Have good technical understanding or background in hydraulics and mechanics.
- Proficient with Microsoft office product and Google Workspace.
- Ability to manage and motivate reps and dealers, and facilitate their success.
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to address and resolve multiple problems at a time.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to generate a variety of reports and presentations displaying regional performance.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- $80,000 – $90,000 annual projected income (base salary plus commission)
- Base salary: $60,000 annually.
- The projected yearly income with base salary and commission is $80,000 – $90,000.
- Benefits: paid-holidays, paid-vacation, life insurance, disability insurance, profit-sharing, and 401(k) matching. Opportunity for advancement.
- 1% commission on residual sales in your region.
- 2% on new customers/contacts:
- New customer/contact = a company that we have not worked with before.
- This will also be applied on new products to existing customers and contacts.
- 3% on special occasions.
- Example: If the sales director decides to make a push to sell a certain number of TLL-1300s by November 1st, then the regional field manager would earn 3% commission for all purchase orders received for TLL-1300s up to November 1st.
- Commissions will be paid within 2 weeks of the end of each financial quarter.
- Commissions are only paid after the customer has paid in full.
- Each manager is responsible for their own quoting.
- Each quote will be reviewed by the inside sales specialist. Quotes with special requests must be approved by the sales director. Any special requests beyond the norm must be approved by the president.
- Western Division territory includes all US states west of the Mississippi River and Canadian provinces such as British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Eastern Division territories include all US states east of the Mississippi river and Canadian provinces such as Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland.
DesignWise is a branch of Diversified Product Development.
Diversified is a US-based, highly respected, growing and profitable design and manufacturing firm. The company has over 40 employees, including 15 engineers and designers, 15 manufacturing personnel, and a 60,000 square foot facility in Central Texas – where they not only design solutions for their customers, but also manufacture high-quality prototypes and limited production runs of their creative designs.
Some of Diversified’s customers are well known multi-billion-dollar equipment manufacturers in the construction, mining, agricultural, and aerial lift industries, as well as key players in the oil and gas industry. We also do some special defense-related design projects for the US military.
Diversified’s highly skilled engineering team often acts as an extension of their customers’ existing internal engineering team and is frequently called upon to tackle complicated design challenges that require very creative solutions. Since 1996, Diversified has successfully applied their experience in mechanisms, structures, hydraulics, and control systems – to complete an amazingly “diverse” collection of design projects (some patented).