Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
MIG welding, including the following:
- Create quality welds according to blueprints (weld symbols).
- Inspect welds for accuracy.
- Prepare product to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling, tapping and cutting steel parts.
- Change welding wire as needed.
- Change gas tanks, as needed
- Responsible for the proper packaging, identifying and moving all finished products to the proper location.
- Ensure all equipment is properly set-up and used in a safe manner and that all safety devices are in use.
- Operate forklift, if required and trained.
- Perform first piece inspections as well as all subsequent inspections as required.
- Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be required to cross-train as a back-up in other areas of the manufacturing plant.
- Required to have proper and accurate entry into the time and attendance system.
- Other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
- Prefer at least 3-5 years of experience working with MIG welding.
- Position requires good mathematical ability and the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Position requires the ability to operate precision measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, protractors, and tape measures.
Physical demands and abilities:
This position works in a production environment with the risk of injury. Some safety equipment must be worn when working with equipment in the shop. Bending, lifting and pushing up to 70 pounds is required.
Hours: Full time (7am – 3:30pm)