Advantages of an Insulated Work Platform
- Insulated Work PlatformPermits bare-hand work and de-energized line construction.
- Minimizes lineman fatigue and the need to climb towers.
- Reduces the need for insulated ladders and hot sticks.
- Requires minimal equipment set-up time.
- Increases utilization of a non-insulated crane.
- Eliminates shutdown of transmission lines for maintenance.
- Increases work capabilities compared to an elbow-style lift.
- Allows access to difficult work with 45° jib articulation.
- Increases job functions performed with a hydraulic, telescoping crane.
- Can be purchased for a fraction of the cost of a dedicated, insulated aerial device.